At a Glance
Bovey Castle Hotel on Dartmoor National Park, are looking for a Bartender to join the this 5 AA Red Star property. Our ideal candidate will be responsible for serving guests drink throughout the hotel to the best standards. When you work for Eden, we want you to feel you receive the very best in industry perks. From discounts on Eden stays, dining and Spa to Merlin Entertainment discounts, nothing makes us happier than hearing of how our team have made the most of these rewards.Apply
In the Detail
An opportunity has arisen for a Bartender to join our Award-winning, 5AA Resort, Bovey Castle, in North Bovey, Devon.
What you’ll be doing?
As Bartender, you will work as part of a team that maximizes guest satisfaction and comfort by delivering friendly, professional and memorable service to all of our guests.
You will be responsible for serving drinks, making cocktails and providing table service to all guests wishing to relax in our bar and lounge areas. The bar team also supervise Afternoon Tea guests within the hotel, this will include table set-up, coordinating the food service from kitchen to table, all to ensure our guests receive nothing but the best experience.
Having expert knowledge of all drinks that we offer will also be key to ensure appropriate recommendations can be made in order to drive sales and profitability.
What you’ll need?
The successful candidate for this role will be professional, knowledgeable and dedicated to delivering first-class experiences to guests and hotel residents.
You will be highly attentive with strong communication and interpersonal skills and be confident building a relationship with guests and members of the hotel team. You will be friendly and enthusiastic with a drive to enhance quality service and in turn guest satisfaction.
You will have previous experience in the hospitality industry, meeting, greeting and interacting with guests, ideally in a hotel bar.
What’s in it for you?
Eden Hotel Collection offers fantastic opportunities for anyone looking to progress their career within the hospitality industry. All of our employees receive an individual learning pathway with an opportunity to ‘Grow with Eden’ for professional and personal development, alongside being coached and mentored by some of the best in the industry.
If progression isn’t your thing, that’s fine too, we would still be interested in finding out more about you.
Perks of Eden:
• 31 days annual leave entitlement, rising to 33 days with service;
• Stay & Dine – £50 BB per room 50% off F&B
• Spa & Shop – Discounted products and treatments
• Relais & Chateaux F&B and discounted stays – both UK and international
• Merlin Entertainment discount, including Warwick Castle, London Dungeon, Alton Towers and more!
• Use of our gym facilities
• Service charge/gratuities;
• Recommend a friend and get £375
• EHC recognition scheme with the opportunity to earn £50 rewards;
• Employee of the Quarter £75 EHC Voucher reward
What makes Bovey great? – Our Awards!
• Award Winning 5AA Red Star Hotel
• 3 AA rosettes Great Western Restaurant
• 1 AA rosette Smith’s Brasserie
• Gold Award – Hotel of the Year, South West Tourism Excellence Awards 2018/19
• Bronze Award – Restaurant of the Year, South West Tourism Excellence Awards 2018/19
• Gold Award – Large Hotel of the Year, Visit Devon Tourism Awards 2018/19
• Gold Award – Spa, Pampering & Wellbeing Experience of the Year, Visit Devon Tourism Awards 2018/19
• Silver Award, Restaurant of the Year, Visit Devon Tourism Awards 2018/19
• Bronze Award – Dog Friendly Business of the Year, Visit Devon Tourism Awards 2018/19
• Large Hotel of the Year – English Riviera & South Devon Tourism & Hospitality Awards 2018/19
• Fine Dining Experience – English Riviera & South Devon Tourism & Hospitality Awards 2018/19
• Spa & Wellbeing – English Riviera & South Devon Tourism & Hospitality Awards 2018/19
• Best Hotel in the West Country – Best Loved Hotels Awards 2018/19
• Caterer People Awards 2019 – Emerging Talent Initiative for Elan Spa Academy
This is a great time to join a fantastic hotel and start your career with the Eden Hotel Collection.
All applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
Salary starting from £22,850.00
CV’s will be held on electronic file for a period of 6 months. Should you wish for this to be removed sooner, then please contact us on 01789 610025.