At a Glance
Mallory Court Hotel, is looking for a Commis Chef to join their award winning 3 AA Rosette kitchen team. As Commis Chef, you will be working as part of a team, consistently delivering Eden Hotel Collection's standards in food production and service. When you work for Eden, we want you to feel you receive the very best in industry perks. From discounts on Eden stays dining and Spa to Merlin Entertainment discounts, nothing makes us happier than hearing of how our team have made the most of these rewards.Apply
In the Detail
Commis Chef – The Dining Room at Mallory Court Hotel
An opportunity has arisen for a Commis Chef to join our 3AA Rosette restaurant, The Dining Room, situated in the main house where Head Chef Paul Evans oversees the menus for lunch, afternoon tea and dinner.
What you’ll be doing?
As Commis Chef, you will be supporting the senior chefs by preparing fresh, seasonal and local ingredients for service in the fast pace of our busy kitchen, working alongside a first-class team of talented chefs, creating food that looks and tastes delicious. Our team firmly believe in using what we have on our doorstep and take great pride and pleasure in using the organically grown, seasonal produce from Mallory Court’s own kitchen gardens.
You will assist the Senior Chefs in the dish and menu development, contributing ideas and creativity, which in turn will be a great way to advance your career, allowing you to hone your talent and learn diverse cooking styles and techniques that will grow your repertoire.
What you’ll need?
You won’t be expected to have exceptional food knowledge just yet, but it is crucial you have basic cookery skills, such as Professional Cookery Level 2 / Commis Chef Apprenticeship Standard qualification, but also, just as important is that you share our passion for fresh produce.
We are also interested in your personality too. Your potential, your commitment and your ability to work under pressure alongside being an excellent team player, is every bit as important to us as your knife-handling skills.
What’s in it for you?
Eden Hotel Collection offers fantastic opportunities for anyone looking to progress their career within the hospitality industry. All of our employee’s receive an individual learning pathway with an opportunity to ‘Grow with Eden’ for professional and personal development, alongside being coached and mentored by some of the best in the industry.
If progression isn’t your thing, that’s fine too, we would still be interested in finding out more about you.
Perks of Eden:
• 31 days annual leave entitlement, rising to 33 days with service;
• Stay & Dine – £50 BB per room 50% off F&B
• Spa & Shop – Discounted products and treatments
• Relais & Chateaux F&B and discounted stays – both UK and international
• Merlin Entertainment discount, including Warwick Castle, London Dungeon, Alton Towers and more!
• Use of our gym facilities
• Service charge/gratuities;
• Recommend a friend and get £250
• EHC recognition scheme with the opportunity to earn £50 rewards;
• Employee of the Quarter £75 EHC Voucher reward
What makes Mallory great? – Our Awards!
• 3 AA rosettes Main House Restaurant
• 2 AA rosettes Brasserie dining
• Achieved a 5-bubble star rating for our spa
• Hotel of the Year – Midlands Service Excellence Awards 2019
• Winners of Events Team of the Year – TWIA 2018
• Part of the celebrated Relais & Chateaux consortia
• Hotel of the Year – Coventry & Warwickshire Tourism & Culture Awards 2017
• Coventry Business Awards – Retail & Hospitality Business of the Year 2019
This is a great time to join us and start your career with the Eden Hotel Collection.
All applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
Salary between £7.70 – £8.21 per hour, 40 hours per week
CV’s will be held on electronic file for a period of 6 months. Should you wish for this to be removed sooner, then please contact us on 01789 610025.