At a Glance
Eden Hotel Collection are now taking applications for the next intake of Chef Apprentices to join our award winning Chef Academy. As a Chef Apprentice with Eden Hotel Collection, you will be immersed in a vibrant learning environment within our collection of luxury hotels. When you work for Eden, we want you to feel you receive the very best in industry perks. From discounts on Eden stays dining and Spa to Merlin Entertainment discounts, nothing makes us happier than hearing of how our team have made the most of these rewards.Apply
In the Detail
Chef Apprentice – Level 2 Chef Academy
We are excited to announce that applications are now open for our 2019-20 intake of Chef Apprentices, to join our award winning Chef Academy. As a Chef Apprentice with Eden Hotel Collection, you will be immersed in a vibrant learning environment within our collection of luxury hotels.
What you’ll be doing?
Our Academy will provide the opportunity for you to work with us on a full-time basis and to ‘earn while you learn’, setting you up with the very best skills, qualifications and experience to begin your career in the industry. We have partnered with HIT Training to create a Chef Academy, where instead of college day release, you will attend 1-2 days of training per month, with accommodation and travel costs covered.
The training is delivered in house by our Director of Food & Beverage, a previous Michelin awarded Chef and HIT Training. Back in your hotel, you will learn on-the-job from exceptional chefs within a highly skilled kitchen brigade (we hold 2-3 rosette’s in each of our Brasseries/Restaurants), whilst working with premium seasonal produce and high-quality equipment/tools.
What you’ll need?
We want to hear from aspiring Chefs who love the idea of creating amazing food from the best ingredients, have high standards and bags of flair and creativity along with:
• A real and evident passion for food;
• The desire to build a career as a Chef;
• Superb attention to detail and driven by delivering exception standards
• A ‘can do attitude, along with a good sense of humour, team spirit,
• Enthusiasm and desire to succeed;
• Excellent communication skills;
What to expect?
You’ll work in a busy and hardworking team environment, where we’ll expect you to be hungry to learn more. You will be working a minimum of 40 hours per week, across 5 days (inclusive of training days). Our hotels are busiest on Fri-Sunday, and so you should be prepared to work regular weekends.
What’s in it for you?
• Pay rate of £7.70 (rising on completion of your qualification)
• Guaranteed full time employment at the end of your apprenticeship;
• Great prospects with a diverse Career Progression Pathway;
• Training to achieve a Level 2 Commis Chef Apprenticeship;
• A dedicated mentor and regular reviews;
• 31 days annual leave entitlement, rising to 33 days with service;
• Discounted hotel stays including within the spa and food and beverage departments;
All applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
CV’s will be held on electronic file for a period of 6 months. Should you wish for this to be removed sooner, then please contact us on 01789 610025.