At a Glance
We are excited to announce that applications are now open for our 2021-22 intake of Chef Apprentices, to join our award winning Chef Academy. As a Chef Apprentice with Eden Hotel Collection, you will be immersed in a vibrant learning environment within our collection of luxury hotels.Apply
In the Detail
Commis Chef Apprentice – Level 2 Chef Academy
We are excited to announce that applications are now open for our 2021-22 intake of Chef Apprentices, to join our award winning Chef Academy. As a Chef Apprentice with Eden Hotel Collection, you will be immersed in a vibrant learning environment within our collection of luxury hotels.
What you’ll be doing?
Our Academy will provide the opportunity for you to work with us on a full-time basis and to ‘earn while you learn’, setting you up with the very best skills, qualifications and experience to begin your career in the industry. We have partnered with HIT Training to create a Chef Academy, where you will attend 1-2 days of training per month either at a HIT Chef Academy site, with accommodation and travel costs covered or as a virtual session.
Back in your hotel, with the support of your Exec Chef you will learn on-the-job from exceptional chefs within a highly skilled kitchen brigade (we hold 2-3 rosettes in each of our Brasseries/Restaurants), whilst working with premium seasonal produce and high-quality equipment/tools.
What you’ll need?
We want to hear from aspiring Chefs who love the idea of creating amazing food from the best ingredients, have high standards and bags of flair and creativity along with:
- A real and evident passion for food;
- The desire to build a career as a Chef;
- Superb attention to detail and driven by delivering exception standards
- A ‘can do attitude, along with a good sense of humour, team spirit,
- Enthusiasm and desire to succeed;
- Excellent communication skills;
What to expect?
You’ll work in a busy and hardworking team environment, where we’ll expect you to be hungry to learn more. You will be working a minimum of 40 hours per week, across 5 days (inclusive of training days). Our hotels are busiest on Fri-Sunday, and so you should be prepared to work regular weekends.
What’s in it for you?
- Pay rate of £7.70 (rising on completion of your qualification)
- Guaranteed full time employment at the end of your apprenticeship;
- Great prospects with a diverse ‘Grow with Eden’ Progression Pathway;
- Training to achieve a Level 2 Commis Chef Apprenticeship; and Level 3 in the future;
- A dedicated mentor and regular reviews;
- 31 days annual leave entitlement, rising to 33 days with service;
- Discounted hotel stays including within the spa and food and beverage departments;
All applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK
CV’s will be held on electronic file for a period of 6 months. Should you wish for this to be removed sooner, then please contact us on 01789 610025.