At a Glance
Bovey Castle Hotel on Dartmoor National Park is looking for a Demi Chef de Partie to join this 5 AA Red Star property. Our ideal candidate will be an experienced commis chef looking to progress their career. At Bovey Castle it is ALL about our guest, being 100% customer focused with a ‘can do’ attitude, sense of humour, alongside an eye for detail. When you work for Eden, we want you to feel you receive the very best in industry perks. From discounts on Eden stays, dining and Spa to Merlin Entertainment discounts, nothing makes us happier than hearing of how our team have made the most of these rewards.Apply
In the Detail
We are currently embarking on a number of new exciting hotel restaurant concepts across our Bovey Castle, five red star resort. Having already began recruitment for our Smith’s Mediterranean Brasserie, we now look ahead to transforming our current 3 rosette offering for the launch of our high end Great Western Grill. This concept is an exciting change in recognising the ongoing customer demand for high quality, seasonal and refined ‘best loved dishes’ without the formality of fine dining. The new concept is akin to the grill style offering seen in London based acclaimed chef restaurants with a real focus on local produce and niche suppliers.
This is a perfect role for someone who is an experienced commis looking for an exciting new challenge and the chance to be part of the opening team. There will be training and development given in preparation for the opening and on an ongoing basis with a view to helping you achieve your personal and professional ambitions. Succession planning is integral to our success and we have proven results in developing a brigade and rewarding with internal promotions.
What you’ll be doing?
As part of the Kitchen brigade, you will assist the Senior Chefs to create and deliver a truly memorable dining experience within our Grill. You will be working with excellent quality ingredients creating stunning seasonal dishes.
What you’ll need?
- Strong attention to detail to deliver the very best culinary standards
- Due to the busy environment, you will need to be organised and happy working under pressure
- To be a great team player who enjoys working in a highly professional and motivated team
- Good communication skills, and level of English – both written and spoken.
What’s in it for you?
Eden Hotel Collection offers fantastic opportunities for anyone looking to progress their career within the hospitality industry. All of our employees receive an individual learning pathway with an opportunity to ‘Grow with Eden’ for professional and personal development, alongside being coached and mentored by some of the best in the industry.
If progression isn’t your thing, that’s fine too, we would still be interested in finding out more about you.
Guaranteed minimum tips per annum of £2,000
Perks of Eden:
- 31 days annual leave entitlement, rising to 33 days with service
- Stay & Dine – £50 BB per room 50% off food & 25% off drinks
- Spa & Shop – Discounted products and treatments
- Relais & Chateaux F&B and discounted stays – both UK and international
- Merlin Entertainment discount, including Warwick Castle, London Dungeon, Alton Towers and more!
- Use of our gym facilities
- Recommend a friend and get £375
- EHC recognition scheme with the opportunity to earn £50 rewards
- Employee of the Quarter £75 EHC Voucher reward
What makes Bovey great? – Our Awards!
- Award Winning 5AA Red Star Hotel
- 3 AA rosettes Great Western Restaurant
- 1 AA rosette Smith’s Brasserie
- Gold Award – Hotel of the Year, South West Tourism Excellence Awards 2018/19
- Bronze Award – Restaurant of the Year, South West Tourism Excellence Awards 2018/19
- Gold Award – Large Hotel of the Year, Visit Devon Tourism Awards 2018/19
- Gold Award – Spa, Pampering & Wellbeing Experience of the Year, Visit Devon Tourism Awards 2018/19
- Silver Award, Restaurant of the Year, Visit Devon Tourism Awards 2018/19
- Bronze Award – Dog Friendly Business of the Year, Visit Devon Tourism Awards 2018/19
- Large Hotel of the Year – English Riviera & South Devon Tourism & Hospitality Awards 2018/19
- Fine Dining Experience – English Riviera & South Devon Tourism & Hospitality Awards 2018/19
- Spa & Wellbeing – English Riviera & South Devon Tourism & Hospitality Awards 2018/19
- Best Hotel in the West Country – Best Loved Hotels Awards 2018/19
- Caterer People Awards 2019 – Emerging Talent Initiative for Elan Spa Academy
This is a great time to join a fantastic hotel and start your career with the Eden Hotel Collection.
All applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
Salary starting at £25,500.00
CV’s will be held on electronic file for a period of 6 months. Should you wish for this to be removed sooner, then please contact us on 01789 610025.