At a Glance
A rare opportunity has arisen to join the multi award winning Bovey Castle Estate as Facilities Manager. This iconic 5AA Red Star resort has undergone an extensive transformation in recent years to re-establish its place as the leading resort in the South West. The estate is multi-faceted with 60 bedrooms, 22 lodges, two restaurants at 1&3 rosette standard, as well as an offering of a number of unique leisure-based activities including shooting, archery, 4x4 off roading experiences, and a recently launched Deer Park.Apply
In the Detail
Facilities/ Health & Safety Manager – Bovey Castle Hotel
What you’ll be doing?
As Facilities/ Health & Safety Manager, you will be responsible for the effective management of all Health & Safety, Facilities and Environmental controls and improvements within the estate whilst adhering to company and statutory regulations. Due to the vast and diverse scale of the estate, the responsibilities for this role will be wide ranging requiring an experienced manager with a proven track record of operating at this level.
You will inspire the team with clarity and confidence, ensuring all departments are prepared and organised, whilst also assisting with staff training, appraisal and development.
There is no question, this is an exciting and rare opportunity to join a luxury and multi-faceted estate – somewhere to be proud to work!
What you’ll need?
The successful candidate for this role will be NEBOSH qualified, preferably to diploma level with experience of Health & Safety and Facilities management within a customer focused environment, ideally within a hospitality operation. You will have experience of managing a diverse estate, whether this be single or multi-site.
You will have a keen eye for detail, strong organisational and interpersonal skills and be confident building relationships with guests, suppliers and members of the hotel team. You will be friendly and enthusiastic with a drive to enhance quality and have a genuine passion for all you do.
Given the nature of the role, strong financial acumen is key, with the ability to control costs, project manage with budget and to tight deadlines.
What’s in it for you?
Eden Hotel Collection offers fantastic opportunities for anyone looking to progress their career within the hospitality industry. All of our employees receive an individual learning pathway with an opportunity to ‘Grow with Eden’ for professional and personal development, alongside being coached and mentored by some of the best in the industry.
If progression isn’t your thing, that’s fine too, we would still be interested in finding out more about you.
Perks of Eden:
• 31 days annual leave entitlement, rising to 33 days with service;
• Stay & Dine – £50 BB per room 50% off F&B
• Spa & Shop – Discounted products and treatments
• Merlin Entertainment discount, including Warwick Castle, London Dungeon, Alton Towers and more!
• Service charge/gratuities;
• Recommend a friend and get £250
• EHC recognition scheme with the opportunity to earn £50 rewards;
• Employee of the Quarter £75 EHC Voucher reward
What makes Bovey Castle great? – Our Awards!
• South West Tourism Excellence Awards – Hotel of the Year, Gold Award 2018/2019
• South West Tourism Excellence Awards – Restaurant/ Bistro of the Year Bronze Award 2018/2019
• Visit Devon Tourism Awards – Large Hotel of the Year, Gold Award, 2018/2019
• Visit Devon Tourism Awards – Spa, Pampering & Well Being Experience of the Year – Gold Award 2018/2019
• Visit Devon Tourism Awards – Restaurant/ Bistro of the Year (Great Western) – Silver Award 2018/2019
• Visit Devon Tourism Awards – Dog Friendly Business of the Year – Bronze Award 2018/2019
• English Riviera & South Devon Tourism & Hospitality Awards (Fine Dining Experience) – Silver Award 2018/2019
• English Riviera & South Devon Tourism & Hospitality Awards – Spa and Wellbeing Bronze Award 2018/2019
• Best Loved Awards, Best Hotel in the West Country 2018/2019
This is a great time to join a fantastic hotel and start your career with the Eden Hotel Collection.
All applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
CV’s will be held on electronic file for a period of 6 months. Should you wish for this to be removed sooner, then please contact us on 01789 610025.