At a Glance
At Eden Hotel Collection we consider our luxury hotels as a home away from home. A space to relax and unwind, a place to enjoy your next family adventure together or somewhere to spend some time with friends just soaking up stunning views. Whether it's a place to escape the everyday and watch the world go by or looking for somewhere great to celebrate a special occasion, we have a hotel for everyone. As an independent luxury operator, we take a refreshing and non ‘cookie cutter’ approach to all we do and whilst inevitably there is a need for some consistency, we pride ourselves on considering the needs of each hotel individually and creating an approach that supports this. Now you can be part of all this, joining a fantastic team and a great employer who has the passion and commitment to deliver the best.Apply
In the Detail
Group Operations Manager
Locations: Midlands/M5 Corridor/South West
At Eden Hotel Collection we consider our luxury hotels as a home away from home. A space to relax and unwind, a place to enjoy your next family adventure together or somewhere to spend some time with friends just soaking up stunning views.
Whether it’s a place to escape the everyday and watch the world go by or looking for somewhere great to celebrate a special occasion, we have a hotel for everyone.
As an independent luxury operator, we take a refreshing and non ‘cookie cutter’ approach to all we do and whilst inevitably there is a need for some consistency, we pride ourselves on considering the needs of each hotel individually and creating an approach that supports this.
Now you can be part of all this, joining a fantastic team and a great employer who has the passion and commitment to deliver the best.
A rare and exciting opportunity has arisen for a Group Operations Manager to join our Senior Leadership team within our Head Office based in Stratford-upon-Avon.
Reporting to the Group Managing Director, you will play an integral role within the Senior Leadership Team made up of Finance, HR and Sales/Marketing in working collaboratively to define the company’s direction of travel, crafting the strategy and co-influencing change.
The purpose of this position is to provide inspiring and strategic leadership to our hotel teams and more specifically our General Manager’s, while co-supporting and managing the activities of the group operations in conjunction with our mission statement, core values, operational standards and business goals.
Whilst this role is Head Office based there will be a regular (daily) need to be mobile and hands on, moving from site to site as required. It will require you to oversee and support the hotel operations of our 5 properties across 4 counties in the Midlands and South West.
The Detail – Key Responsibilities
- To provide guidance and support to the hotel General Managers in all properties to achieve the highest service standard and complete guest satisfaction.
- In doing so, ensure consistent delivery of services daily in all aspects of the operation across Front Office, Housekeeping, F&B, Spa & Resort.
- You will play a vital part in driving standards forward and implementing changes to assist in providing business growth;
- Specific ownership and responsibilities for Group Policy, Sustainability, Stocktake, Health & Safety/Compliance and Supplier Arrangements.
- To own and managing operationally led projects from conception through to roll out;
- Co-manage the performance of the hotel teams with other SLT colleagues to ensure consistent and robust approach, highlighting and managing any performance issues, offering support and guidance as required.
What you’ll need – proven experience
- Previous experience at Senior Hotel Manager level as GM or within a similar group role, with a broad and strong top to bottom knowledge of all hotel departments;
- A strong ability to analyse performance, establish and execute short and long-term goals.
- The ability to identify problems & opportunities, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid recommendations, conclusions, and solution.
- To be tech savvy: particularly in how this can be used to influence and improve our guests and teams experience.
- Advanced level of written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills; proficient in report writing and presentations.
- Excellent communication skills in all aspects; good organisational, problem solving and administrative skills. proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point presentations.
- To be willing to work a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends and bank holidays when required. Must have driving licence and be willing to travel to different hotel sites daily (including overnight stay when needed).
How you’ll do this – your approach
- In a proactive, enthusiastic and approachable way with a strong passion for operations and a keen eye on detail;
- As a strategic manager, with the ability to ‘see the big picture’, work longer term and devise plans in alignment with organisational goals;
- With entrepreneurial flair – with commercial awareness, drive, and enthusiasm.
- And as a key builder of relationships – cultivating engagement & loyalty with all stakeholders; internal and external.
What’s in it for you?
The opportunity to join our progressive independent hotel collection, with the ability to influence and drive strategy and change, with a key focus on collaborative working, as well as:
- A comfortable journey to our hotels with a Company Car provided;
- Rewards in line with business goals as part of a Performance Related Bonus;
- We recognise the importance of work life balance and so offer an enhanced annual leave entitlement of 33 days;
- And we care about the health and wellbeing of our teams, so you will receive BUPA Private Healthcare with the option to extend this to your family; as well as access to a confidential Employee Assistance Programme, Hospitality Action;
- Lastly, take some time for you with discounted stays across our group, Relais & Chateaux and Pride of Britain Hotels as part of our consortia agreements; F&B and spa discount included in EHC stays;
All applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
CV’s will be held on electronic file for a period of 6 months. Should you wish for this to be removed sooner, then please contact us on 01789 610025.