At a Glance
A rare and exciting opportunity to join a dynamic and forward-thinking team within their Stratford-upon-Avon Head Office. As Head of HR, you will be primarily responsible for the Eden Hotel Collection People Strategy, leading the HR team across the collection of 9 hotels, as well as providing HR support for five divisions of our parent company Rigby Group Plc. When you work for Eden, we want you to feel you receive the very best in industry perks. From discounts on Eden stays, dining and spa to Merlin Entertainment discounts, nothing makes us happier than hearing of how our team have made the most of these rewards.Apply
In the Detail
Head of HR (Fixed Term Contract)
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Head of HR on a 9-12 month fixed term contract (covering maternity leave).
What you’ll be doing?
This role is primarily accountable for the Eden Hotel Collection People Strategy, leading the HR team across the collection of 9 hotels, as well as providing HR support for five divisions of our parent company Rigby Group Plc (circa 100 employee’s).
The current postholder has been in place for two years, with significant changes made to our people approach…we’re still on a journey with lots more to do and so we’re looking for a candidate that will continue to drive our HR strategy with passion. Our vision is to take a modern approach to HR – focused on talent management, apprenticeship initiatives, engagement and innovation more so than a process driven employee relations approach. That said, common sense and legally compliant management of complex HR matters will be essential. It’s all about balance!
Leading a team of 5 across our Stratford-upon-Avon based Head Office, and 5 Red Star Bovey Castle Estate in Devon, you will be a hands on leader and manager who is able to shape and develop the HR team to deliver the very best support for our hotels and teams.
You will report to the EHC Group Managing Director and be part of the senior leadership team, leading the HR function to provide a professional, commercial HR service to the business – in doing so, you will work proactively to determine current priorities and future strategies.
What you’ll need?
• Solid experience within a senior level HR management role ideally within a multi-site hospitality environment;
• CIPD qualified;
• Excellent ER knowledge coupled with proven ability to manage complex HR issues;
• Experience of TUPE, redundancy and restructures would be beneficial;
• Given the high volume of recruitment within hospitality, experience in either a specific resourcing role or having had significant recruitment experience within your HR career;
• Have a pragmatic, solutions focused approach and have experience working in an entrepreneurial, small – medium sized business.
• Be able to demonstrate commercial awareness;
• Ability to build relationships at all levels, particularly in a senior capacity;
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
• A high level of confidentiality;
• A flexible approach is essential given the fast-changing environment we will work in and the varied aspects of the role;
What’s in it for you?
An opportunity to work with an inspiring leadership team, to deliver the people agenda.
Perks of Eden:
• 31 days annual leave entitlement, rising to 33 days with service;
• Stay & Dine – £50 BB per room 50% off F&B
• Spa & Shop – Discounted products and treatments
• Relais & Chateaux discounted stays – UK and international;
• Merlin Entertainment discount;
• Free car parking
• Based at our parent company’s Head Office close to Stratford-upon-Avon’s river and shops
CV’s will be held on electronic file for a period of 6 months. Should you wish for this to be removed sooner, then please contact us on 01789 610025.