At a Glance
This is a perfect role for someone with sales and booking management experience looking to move in to 5 star role.Apply
In the Detail
Reservations & Events Manager at Bovey Castle Hotel
This is a perfect role for someone with sales and booking management experience looking to move in to 5 star role.
What you will be doing
As Events & Reservations Manager, you will supervise the events and reservations teams, managing all aspects of room reservations, event and wedding enquiries & bookings, including working with the events operations team on the day, and bookings for spa, golf, dining and activities. The department is a one-stop-shop for all bookings. Creating great first and lasting impressions for our guest journey by delivering friendly, professional, accurate and memorable service is paramount for all our bookings.
You will support the team and manage them on a day-to-day basis, including all administration.
You will work with the Revenue Manager to ensure that sales and revenue are always maximised, with good event diary management, and excellent rooms management with regards to bookings, availability and pricing.
You will inspire the team with clarity and confidence, ensuring the department is prepared and organised.
What you will need
- To be professional, knowledgeable and dedicated to delivering first class experiences to guests, high standards will be second nature to you;
- The ability to lead a team of between 4-6, demonstrating strong leadership skills;
- Excellent communication skills, and level of English – both written and spoken, with the confidence to build relationships with the wider hotel team and guests;
- To enjoy working in busy department;
- To be creative with sales ideas and opportunities and be able to develop the team;
- To be very organised with the ability to organise a team;
- To enjoy meeting with people and conducting showrounds;
- To preferably have knowledge of Opera, and Microsoft Office skills.
What’s in it for you?
Eden Hotel Collection offers fantastic opportunities for anyone looking to progress their career within the hospitality industry. All of our employees receive an individual learning pathway with an opportunity to ‘Grow with Eden’ for professional and personal development, alongside being coached and mentored by some of the best in the industry.
If progression isn’t your thing, that’s fine too, we would still be interested in finding out more about you.
Perks of Eden:
- 31 days annual leave entitlement, rising to 33 days with service (including bank holidays)
- Stay & Dine – £50 BB per room 50% off food & 25% off drinks
- Spa & Shop – Discounted products and treatments
- Relais & Chateaux F&B and discounted stays – both UK and international
- Merlin Entertainment discount, including Warwick Castle, London Dungeon, Alton Towers and more!
- Use of our gym facilities
- Service charge/gratuities
- Recommend a friend and get £250
- EHC recognition scheme with the opportunity to earn £50 rewards
- Employee of the Quarter £75 EHC Voucher reward
What makes Bovey great? – Our Awards!
- Award Winning 5AA Red Star Hotel
- 3 AA rosettes Great Western Restaurant
- 1 AA rosette Smith’s Brasserie
- Gold Award – Hotel of the Year, South West Tourism Excellence Awards 2018/19
- Bronze Award – Restaurant of the Year, South West Tourism Excellence Awards 2018/19
- Gold Award – Large Hotel of the Year, Visit Devon Tourism Awards 2018/19
- Gold Award – Spa, Pampering & Wellbeing Experience of the Year, Visit Devon Tourism Awards 2018/19
- Silver Award, Restaurant of the Year, Visit Devon Tourism Awards 2018/19
- Bronze Award – Dog Friendly Business of the Year, Visit Devon Tourism Awards 2018/19
- Large Hotel of the Year – English Riviera & South Devon Tourism & Hospitality Awards 2018/19
- Fine Dining Experience – English Riviera & South Devon Tourism & Hospitality Awards 2018/19
- Spa & Wellbeing – English Riviera & South Devon Tourism & Hospitality Awards 2018/19
- Best Hotel in the West Country – Best Loved Hotels Awards 2018/19
- Caterer People Awards 2019 – Emerging Talent Initiative for Elan Spa Academy
This is a great time to join a fantastic hotel and start your career with the Eden Hotel Collection.
All applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
CV’s will be held on electronic file for a period of 6 months. Should you wish for this to be removed sooner, then please contact us on 01789 610025.