At a Glance
We have an exciting opportunity for a passionate manager to join our award winning team in our busy Smith's Brasserie - a friendly and informal restaurant within our 5AA Red Star Bovey Castle Estate. This is a perfect role for someone with supervisory experience within a restaurant service environment, has a personality that shines and who thrives in a busy environment.Apply
In the Detail
Restaurant Manager for Smith’s Brasserie at Bovey Castle Hotel
We are recruiting for a Restaurant Manager to manage our busy 1 rosette Smith’s Brasserie – a friendly and informal restaurant within our 5AA Red Star – Bovey Castle Estate.
This is a perfect role for an experienced Restaurant Manager with a personality that shines and who thrives in a busy environment.
Salary quoted is inclusive of guaranteed £2,000 service charge per annum.
What you’ll be doing?
- you will have responsibility for the operation and management of the daily activities in the Brasserie and will contribute to the success of the hotel by maintaining standards and ensuring every guest has a memorable dining experience.
- you will lead and inspire the Brasserie team through training and development with clarity, passion and positivity.
- maintaining a firm control of costs in the pursuit of profitability and efficiency is crucial along with maximisation of sales opportunities.
What you’ll need?
- excellent knowledge of food and wine
- to be highly attentive with exceptional attention to detail
- experience of leading a team in a busy restaurant
- a passion for the industry!
What’s in it for you?
Eden Hotel Collection offers fantastic opportunities for anyone looking to progress their career within the hospitality industry. All of our employees receive an individual learning pathway with an opportunity to ‘Grow with Eden’ for professional and personal development, alongside being coached and mentored by some of the best in the industry.
If progression isn’t your thing, that’s fine too, we would still be interested in finding out more about you.
Perks of Eden:
- 31 days annual leave entitlement, rising to 33 days with service
- Stay & Dine – £50 BB per room 50% off food & 25% off drinks
- Spa & Shop – Discounted products and treatments
- Relais & Chateaux F&B and discounted stays – both UK and international
- Merlin Entertainment discount, including Warwick Castle, London Dungeon, Alton Towers and more!
- Use of our gym facilities
- Service charge/gratuities
- Recommend a friend and get £375
- EHC recognition scheme with the opportunity to earn £50 rewards
- Employee of the Quarter £75 EHC Voucher reward
What makes Bovey great? – Our Awards!
- Award Winning 5AA Red Star Hotel
- 3 AA rosettes Great Western Restaurant
- 1 AA rosette Smith’s Brasserie
- Gold Award – Hotel of the Year, South West Tourism Excellence Awards 2018/19
- Bronze Award – Restaurant of the Year, South West Tourism Excellence Awards 2018/19
- Gold Award – Large Hotel of the Year, Visit Devon Tourism Awards 2018/19
- Gold Award – Spa, Pampering & Wellbeing Experience of the Year, Visit Devon Tourism Awards 2018/19
- Silver Award, Restaurant of the Year, Visit Devon Tourism Awards 2018/19
- Bronze Award – Dog Friendly Business of the Year, Visit Devon Tourism Awards 2018/19
- Large Hotel of the Year – English Riviera & South Devon Tourism & Hospitality Awards 2018/19
- Fine Dining Experience – English Riviera & South Devon Tourism & Hospitality Awards 2018/19
- Spa & Wellbeing – English Riviera & South Devon Tourism & Hospitality Awards 2018/19
- Best Hotel in the West Country – Best Loved Hotels Awards 2018/19
- Caterer People Awards 2019 – Emerging Talent Initiative for Elan Spa Academy
This is a great time to join a fantastic hotel and start your career with the Eden Hotel Collection.
All applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
Salary: From £30,000.00 per year
CV’s will be held on electronic file for a period of 6 months. Should you wish for this to be removed sooner, then please contact us on 01789 610025.