At a Glance
An opportunity has arisen for a Room Attendant to join our Award-winning, 5AA Red Star Bovey Castle Hotel, in North Bovey, Devon. This role is perfect for neat freaks, those that love cleaning and take a pride in their work. When you work for Eden, we want you to feel you receive the very best in industry perks. From discounts on Eden stays, dining and Spa to Merlin Entertainment discounts, nothing makes us happier than hearing of how our team have made the most of these rewards.Apply
In the Detail
Room Attendant – Bovey Castle Hotel
An opportunity has arisen for a Room Attendant to join our Award-winning, 5AA Red Star Bovey Castle Hotel, in North Bovey, Devon.
This role is perfect for neat freaks, those that love cleaning and take a pride in their work.
What you’ll be doing?
As Room Attendant, you will be a vital cog in the Bovey Castle team, maintaining the highest standards of cleanliness and night service turn down required by Bovey Castle in all guest rooms, bathrooms and suites. This will be achieved by working with the housekeeping team and those around you in the delivery of great standards and a professional service.
What you’ll need?
- To be committed to deliver exceptional cleanliness within hotel bedrooms and public areas;
- You may be interacting with our Guests so conversational English is essential, as is the ability to work on your own for periods of time;
- Being a Room Attendant is hard but rewarding work, and will require a level of fitness in order to complete this vital role;
- Previous experience within a similar role would be desirable, although full training will be provided in the use of chemicals, cleanliness and equipment;
- You will be a good team player with an enthusiastic approach to exceeding guests’ expectations.
You will predominantly work set shifts, usually between 9.30am – 6pm, 5 days out of 7. Shift start times can be flexible between 9am – 10am. If desired earlier start times can be discussed at interview as well as flexible contracts or just weekend work.
Positions available on both a seasonal and permanent basis.
What’s in it for you?
Eden Hotel Collection offers fantastic opportunities for anyone looking to progress their career within the hospitality industry. All of our employee’s receive an individual learning pathway with an opportunity to ‘Grow with Eden’ for professional and personal development, alongside being coached and mentored by some of the best in the industry.
If progression isn’t your thing, that’s fine too, we would still be interested in finding out more about you.
Perks of Eden:
- 31 days annual leave entitlement, rising to 33 days with service
- Stay & Dine – £50 BB per room 50% off food & 25% off drinks
- Spa & Shop – Discounted products and treatments
- Relais & Chateaux F&B and discounted stays – both UK and international
- Merlin Entertainment discount, including Warwick Castle, London Dungeon, Alton Towers and more!
- Use of our gym facilities
- Service charge/gratuities
- Recommend a friend and get £375
- EHC recognition scheme with the opportunity to earn £50 rewards
- Employee of the Quarter £75 EHC Voucher reward
What makes Bovey great? – Our Awards!
- Award Winning 5AA Red Star Hotel
- 3 AA rosettes Great Western Restaurant
- 1 AA rosette Smith’s Brasserie
- Gold Award – Hotel of the Year, South West Tourism Excellence Awards 2018/19
- Bronze Award – Restaurant of the Year, South West Tourism Excellence Awards 2018/19
- Gold Award – Large Hotel of the Year, Visit Devon Tourism Awards 2018/19
- Gold Award – Spa, Pampering & Wellbeing Experience of the Year, Visit Devon Tourism Awards 2018/19
- Silver Award, Restaurant of the Year, Visit Devon Tourism Awards 2018/19
- Bronze Award – Dog Friendly Business of the Year, Visit Devon Tourism Awards 2018/19
- Large Hotel of the Year – English Riviera & South Devon Tourism & Hospitality Awards 2018/19
- Fine Dining Experience – English Riviera & South Devon Tourism & Hospitality Awards 2018/19
- Spa & Wellbeing – English Riviera & South Devon Tourism & Hospitality Awards 2018/19
- Best Hotel in the West Country – Best Loved Hotels Awards 2018/19
- Caterer People Awards 2019 – Emerging Talent Initiative for Elan Spa Academy
This is a great time to join a fantastic hotel and start your career with the Eden Hotel Collection.
All applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
CV’s will be held on electronic file for a period of 6 months. Should you wish for this to be removed sooner, then please contact us on 01789 610025.