At a Glance
Bovey Castle on Dartmoor National Park are looking for a Spa Therapist to join their award winning team. Our ideal candidate will need to provide treatments and a level of personal care and attention which delivers the established benchmark of excellence and to enable maximisation of retail sales at all times. To be involved with all spa treatments, creating a special environment for our clients, along with exceptional attention to detail. To exceed clients’ expectations, demonstrating the ability to build upon the business. To work with and support other members of the spa team and contribute to a strong team ethic. Due to the current suspension of ESPA Training, you will need to be previously trained in ESPA Products and Treatments. When you work for Eden, we want you to feel you receive the very best in industry perks. From discounts on Eden stays, dining and Spa to Merlin Entertainment discounts, nothing makes us happier than hearing of how our team have made the most of these rewards.Apply
In the Detail
An opportunity has arisen for a Spa Therapist to join the Elan Spa at the 5 Red Star Bovey Castle, in North Bovey, Devon. Overlooking the sun terrace and the River Bovey, with beautiful views across miles of Dartmoor National Park, our Spa includes a jacuzzi, sauna and steam room for all hotel guests to use.
This position is subject to a DBS Check.
What you’ll be doing?
As Spa Therapist, you will know and understand what it means to deliver amazing hospitality and will thrive on the challenge of always exceeding guest’s expectations. You will provide treatments and a level of personal care and attention to clients which meets, at all times, the established benchmark of excellence.
You’ll consult each client to fully understand their personal needs and be committed to delivering high quality, exceptional treatments. As a Spa Therapist you’ll also be supporting your manager to maximise revenue through careful diary management and proactive selling of high-quality spa retail products such as ESPA and ORLY.
We understand that repetitive strain is a major cause of therapists having to give up their practice. All of our therapists are trained in Hands Free Massage, with the aim to expand their repertoire whilst freshening up their approach. We believe this to be an effective technique, which saves pressure on the hands/wrists, thereby helping our therapists to maintain a long and fulfilling career in the industry.
What you’ll need?
The successful candidate for this role will be professional, knowledgeable and dedicated to delivering first class experiences to clients. You will be highly attentive with strong communication and interpersonal skills and be confident building a relationship with clients and team members alike.
You will have a true passion for the spa industry and a desire to progress. Qualified to Level 3 Beauty Therapy standard, the ideal candidate must be able to work flexible hours, including weekends and bank holidays.
What’s in it for you?
Eden Hotel Collection offers fantastic opportunities for anyone looking to progress their career within the hospitality industry. All of our employee’s receive an individual learning pathway with an opportunity to ‘Grow with Eden’ for professional and personal development, alongside being coached and mentored by some of the best in the industry.
If progression isn’t your thing, that’s fine too, we would still be interested in finding out more about you.
Perks of Eden:
- 31 days annual leave entitlement, rising to 33 days with service;
- Stay & Dine – £50 BB per room 50% off food & 25% off drinks
- Spa & Shop – Discounted products and treatments
- Relais & Chateaux F&B and discounted stays – both UK and international
- Merlin Entertainment discount, including Warwick Castle, London Dungeon, Alton Towers and more!
- Use of our gym facilities
- Service charge/gratuities;
- Recommend a friend and get £250
- EHC recognition scheme with the opportunity to earn £50 rewards;
- Employee of the Quarter £75 EHC Voucher reward
What makes Bovey great? – Our Awards!
- Award Winning 5AA Red Star Hotel
- 3 AA rosettes Great Western Restaurant
- 1 AA rosette Smith’s Brasserie
- Gold Award – Hotel of the Year, South West Tourism Excellence Awards 2018/19
- Bronze Award – Restaurant of the Year, South West Tourism Excellence Awards 2018/19
- Gold Award – Large Hotel of the Year, Visit Devon Tourism Awards 2018/19
- Gold Award – Spa, Pampering & Wellbeing Experience of the Year, Visit Devon Tourism Awards 2018/19
- Silver Award, Restaurant of the Year, Visit Devon Tourism Awards 2018/19
- Bronze Award – Dog Friendly Business of the Year, Visit Devon Tourism Awards 2018/19
- Large Hotel of the Year – English Riviera & South Devon Tourism & Hospitality Awards 2018/19
- Fine Dining Experience – English Riviera & South Devon Tourism & Hospitality Awards 2018/19
- Spa & Wellbeing – English Riviera & South Devon Tourism & Hospitality Awards 2018/19
- Best Hotel in the West Country – Best Loved Hotels Awards 2018/19
- Caterer People Awards 2019 – Emerging Talent Initiative for Elan Spa Academy
This is a great time to join a fantastic hotel and start your career with the Eden Hotel Collection.
All applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
CV’s will be held on electronic file for a period of 6 months. Should you wish for this to be removed sooner, then please contact us on 01789 610025.